50% Road & Sand, 50% Dirt & Mud. The new S/T MAXX arrives after three years in the making. Tested in Australia's outback and introducing for the first time in an all-terrain tyre, Cooper's proven Armor-Tek3 carcass construction. There is now a tyre specifically constructed and designed to thrive in the harshest conditions Australia has to offer while still offering great on-road characteristics.
- NOW WITH ARMOR-TEK3 CARCASS CONSTRUCTION - Cooper's unique innovation Amor-Tek3 acts like a shield of armour for the sidewall of your tyres, which means the chances of sidewall damage is greatly reduced. This will give you peace of mind knowing your tyres are protected from the harsh conditions that thrive in Australia's vast outback. In normal 2 or 3 radial tyres, each ply runs at the same 90o angle from the bead. The rubber gaps between the sidewall cords are the weakest point of the tyre. A nail, stake or even a sharp outback grass can push against the sidewall cord, deflect off and penetrate through the weakest point (the rubber) and you get a flat. Cooper reduced the rubber gaps by taking its 2 ply STT and S/T and added a third ply on an angle (8 degrees). It's called Armor-Tek3 and it's unique to Cooper.
- THIS MEANS... - Cooper's new S/TMAXX is 66% stronger in the sidewall and over 2.5 times more tear resistant than the old S/T. This extra strength could help you to get home from your outback trip without any damaged tyres!
- NEW! 'SUPER TENSILE STEEL' BELTS - 15% stronger than ‘high tensile steel' which results in higher impact strength and puncture resistance.
- NEW! CHEMICALLY BONDED SILICA TREAD COMPOUND - This provides improved wet and dry traction and handling on the highway, while also improving cut‑n‑chip resistance in harsher rocky and gravel terrain.
- RIM PROTECTOR AND RUT GUARD RIB - These are strategically placed in the upper and lower sidewall area of the tyre to deflect objects, reduce sidewall damage, and also providing increased abrasion resistance.
- ENHANCED SHOULDER DESIGN - Helps to maximise off‑road traction, due to its self‑cleaning shoulder scallops, while minimising abrasion and damage to the protruding lugs
- MICRO-GAUGE SIPING - Micro-Gauge siping helps reduce the potential for stone retention and stone drilling into the tread elements and enhances wet bitumen traction.
- ENHANCED BUTTRESS DESIGN - This provides additional off‑road traction, abrasion resistance, and a rugged appearance.
- STONE EJECTOR RIBS AND OFFSET STEPPED TREAD - This helps discharge stones and reduce stone drilling and increases resistance to cutting and chipping.
- PROVEN Y BLOCK TREAD PATTERN AND OPTIMISED DRAFT ANGLE - This maximises on and off‑road grip and now provides remarkably low noise for a tyre of its class.
- GUARANTEED TO LAST UP TO 80,000 kms* - In capital cities, the S/TMAXX famous mileage guarantee* ranges from 60,000 to 80,000 kms, depending on size.
Performance Category: All Terrain
|Size||Load Index||Speed Index||Overall Diameter||Runflat|